Our Quality Assurance Policy is based on a consistent Statement of Principles outlined below so that we are able to provide high standard and consistent quality of dental care to all our patients. All treatment offered and provided will be clinically justified, appropriate and carried out with proper regard to the dignity and autonomy of our patients.
As part of our quality assurance policy we ensure that:
Patient’s views are listened to:
- We care about how patients feel and think about the practice, and encourage them to let us know how we are doing by using the feedback forms located in the waiting room, as well as listening and acting upon views and opinions which are discussed with a member of staff.
- We deal promptly with patient complaints using our complaints procedure, and we openly discuss and learn from any shortcomings in the service we provide.
- Positive feedback is also discussed within practice meetings so that we can continue doing what we do right.
We ensure that patients are aware of their treatment options and costs:
- We will always take into account the patients wishes in regard to proposing treatment. We will explain options (where appropriate) and costs so that the patient can make an informed choice. We will always explain what we are doing. There is a patient information book situated in the waiting room where all available treatments are explained, and all staff are suitably trained to answer any questions a patient may have out of surgery.
We set and maintain high standards of cross infection control:
- We have a central decontamination room for processing instruments and all equipment is inspected on a daily basis.
- Our systems are regularly reviewed to ensure that we are compliant with the latest national guidelines. Regular audits are carried out.
- All staff are regularly trained in cross infection and decontamination, and undergo continuous monitoring to ensure these standards are met.
Requirements relating to health and safety at the work place are followed:
- All our health and safety policies are regularly reviewed and kept up to date
- We carry out regular inspections of the premises and equipment used.
We comply with all legal requirements relating to radiological protection:
- Our x-ray equipment is serviced on a regular basis and checked weekly.
- We have a radiation protection file which is continuously monitored and reviewed.
- We take every care to ensure that quality radiographs are produced to minimise the risk of repeat x-rays.
Our staff are registered and qualified and comply with the continuous professional development standards set by the General Dental Council:
- We fully adhere to all professional standards as set out by the General Dental Council to ensure our skills and knowledge are forefront to the provision of the most up to date in dental and customer care techniques.
- Full induction processes are carried out for new staff and appraisals and personal development plans discussed on a yearly basis.
- All our staff receive regular training on infection control, relevant aspects of radiation protection, CPR and medical emergencies as well as legal and ethical issues.
- All dentists and dental nurses participate in continuing professional development each year to ensure high standards are maintained.
Lucy Sharples is responsible for monitoring the quality assurance system within the practice
Contact details for the The General Dental Council (GDC):
The General Dental Council
37 Wimpole Street
Tel +44 (0) 20 7167 6000